A commercial roof and a residential roof may seem alike. However, they are both different from each other and, any damage to either of them is usually expensive to repair. Furthermore, the roofing materials for commercial and residential roofs vary, a commercial roof has a flat slope and a residential roof is steeper. Furthermore, a commercial roof has a low slope (entirely flat) than a typical residential roof. Moreover, a flat roof requires frequent maintenance and repairs.
Why Paint a Commercial Roof?
Usually, faded roofs detract from your business building appearance. Commercial roofs are in use quietly and tirelessly (365, days, for many years), and exposed to weather, sunlight, pollution, and rain. The exposure corrodes your commercial roof resulting in a hotter working environment and higher energy bills. Certainly, if a commercial roof sheet is not painted, it becomes weak, perforates and leaks, subsequently leading to costly damage to equipment’s, operations and safety hazards. Repainting your commercial roof adds value to your industry or warehouse.
Benefits of Commercial Roof Painting
The advantages of commercial roof painting are enormous. Let’s look at why you should invest in painting your commercial roof.
• No leaks – Leaks are eliminated and easy to fix in the future
• Easy to apply – It saves you time and money in the long run
• Reflective – Roof paint reflect sun rays and keep your workplace cool
Commercial Painting Steps
Are you inquisitive enough and want to know what steps go along with commercial roof painting? Then, just stick with me as I show you the simple steps.
• Inspect your roof – Check the roof for cracks, voids and openings.
• Make repairs – Repair cracks, openings, and protrusions, remove materials of past leaks.
• Clean the roof – Clean the roof of all debris and dirt.
• Apply the paint – After the above steps, spray/backroll your paint to the correct thickness.
Things to Consider when Hiring a Commercial Roof Painting Company
Obviously, commercial waterproofing & painting is more than just adding color and fixing openings in your roof. Nevertheless, before you hire a commercial roof painting company for your commercial roof project, there are some qualities you need to look out for before doing that. Meanwhile, hiring a company to do the job is the best way to make sure you get a satisfactory paint job (it lasts longer).
• The reputation of the company – Research about the company, local news, and reviews.
• An Environmentally aware company – one that uses environmentally friendly materials.
• Painting safety record – Does the Company have a safety plan.
• Resources of the company – A company that has good contractors and skilled workers.
Commercial roof painting states how well you care for your business, your building, customers or clients. Finally, this gesture will go a long way to draw more customers to your business. Therefore, painting your roof or repainting offers value for your commercial property.
See more at this great house painting blog.
Professional painting and paint related information.